Category

Community & Causes

Festival Spotlight: Rifflandia

Simply the biggest new kid on the block, and winner of Monday Magazine's 2011 "Best Event of the Year" M Award, Rifflandia Festival has quickly become a monstrous ...
September 2012

Visions of VEMF

For most of us dance-centric Islanders, the Victoria Electronic Music Festival holds a pretty special place in our hearts. I expect almost every experienced DJ around here has ...
August 2012

Introducing: The Dharma Dohme!

There's so many amazing outdoor events, festivals & projects around here, and many could benefit from more usable spaces for workshops, yoga, art showings ...
August 2012

Victoria Night Life Awards

On Sunday the annual 'Victoria Night Life Awards' arrived to 9one9 to celebrate our diverse night life culture as a whole, and to shine some light on the many outstanding ...
July 2012

A Vision For The Future of Sunset Room

Thanks for being interested in Sunset Room’s future! I expect that means that you have played a role in Sunset Room’s past. For this I thank you. I want to tell you a quick story ...
May 2012

Sunset Garage Sale Fundraiser

This event has a handful of interwoven intentions! First, to free up some new space at Sunset to get creative with! Second, to clear out some stuffs & gear & things ...
May 2012

17 Labs Nominations at VNLA!

On Sunday July 8th 2012 a broad array of nightclubs, bartenders, promoters, DJs, photographers and producers will all come together to be recognized at the VNLA ...
May 2012

VEMF: The Evolution Continues

As VEMF continues to grow & morph with new artists, new products, new partners & sponsors, and new team members, we must too. For the last 5 years ...
April 2012

Festival Spotlight: VEMF

If you live round these parts, you're already super familiar with Victoria Electronic Music Festival. Let me offer a quick description for those who aren't!: VEMF is a ...
April 2012

It’s All About the Cadence

You might start noticing some beautiful women hanging inverted from a metal hoop or fabric around Sunset Labs events over the coming months ...
April 2012

Community Profiles: Limbic Media

Next time you're in Sunset Room you might get a chance to play with our new interactive laser wall! For us, this is a pretty big deal and an awfully fun new toy. For our ...
April 2012

Festival Spotlight: Tall Tree

Something magic is happening over on the west coast. Kinda out of nowhere, what was a little festival in the back woods has gained all kinds of attention from those lucky enough ...
April 2012

Gallery: Tunes for Tibet 08

We reach into the archives to share with you some images from this amazing night. Born of my participation in a course I was taking that focused on self expression ...
March 2012

A Hooptastic Partnership!

One of our primary intentions through Sunset Labs is to find ways to celebrate all the amazing artists within our community, and to leverage our events at Sunset Room & ...
March 2012

A Rogue Encounter at TEDxVictoria

Last fall I was invited to speak at TEDxVictoria, an invite I found totally exciting – and totally intimidating. After stalling for a few days I finally sent in my information & bio. I ...
January 2012